- Secondary modulation was added, allowing modulations to be modulated; types include amplitude modulation (AM), frequency modulation (FM), pulse width modulation, etc.
- The Semicircle and Circular Pulse waveforms were added.
- The Invert motif was added.
- Vertex rotation was optimized, increasing render speed by ~4% and improving precision.
- Editing a drop list in the Modulation bar via left-click didn't update the toolbar's undo/redo icons until the focus was changed; fixed.
- A Ring Phase property was added, to allow more complex twisting effects.
- A Ruffle oscillator was added to the Bend effect; it phase modulates the Bend oscillator to create wavy ripples.
- Optional auto-zoom was added to the auto-rotate effect.
- Four new color patterns were added: Azimuth, Incline, Azimuth & Incline, and Edges.
- For Ripple and Bend, Operation, Power, and Power Type and properties were added.
- Transparency is now supported, via the Transparent render style (Render/Transparent).
- The render style (Wireframe, Gouraud, etc.) and Lighting commands were moved from the View menu to the new Render menu.
- Step Forward and Step Backward commands were added to the View menu. They let you move to a precise position within an animation by stepping one frame at a time.
- The Random Phase command was added to the View menu. It lets you explore an animation's phase space, by randomizing the phases of animated modulations.
- In previous versions, a non-animated modulation of a mesh property would slow texture-only animation, by causing the mesh to be needlessly rebuilt for every frame; fixed.
- Polygonal shapes are now supported, via a new group of polygon mesh properties.
- The radius color pattern was added; it uses the pot's radius as the U coordinate, so that the texture mapping illustrates the pot's contours.
- Exponential power can now be applied to waveforms asymmetrically or symmetrically, selectable via the new Power Type property.
- The mesh properties are now organized into subgroups that can be hidden.
- The 3D view's lighting is now configurable, via the Lighting command on the View menu.
- The palette can now be imported from or exported to a file, via Tools menu commands.
- The PLY export with vertex color wasn't handling texture from an image file; fixed.
- Texture updates are 16x faster, due to eliminating an unintended video memory read.
- Some scallop properties were needlessly rebuilding the mesh in certain cases; fixed.
- New scallop properties were added: Scallop Waveform, Operation, Range, and Power.
- New waveforms were added: Pulse, Rounded Pulse, Triangular Pulse, Sine Cubed, and Flame. The new pulse waveforms have variable Pulse Width and Slew.
- Recording now saves and restores the pre-record state of the auto-rotate and animation settings.
- The record status dialog now includes an estimate of the remaining render time.
- In the spline window, adding a node to a line segment unexpectedly produces curves; fixed.
- The spline window's grid spacing wasn't being saved in the document; fixed.
- Add Scallop Phase property; modulating it produces wavy scallops.
- Add Load Texture command to File menu, so it's more obvious how to load texture.
- Allow texture file to be loaded via drag and drop from Explorer.
- Add check for updates feature.
- Optimize texture mapping, by copying texture from outer to inner wall.
- Add option to continuously update view during spline dragging.
- Modulation property change wasn't updating oscilloscope, fixed.
This is the initial release.